The Salt House has a large and well equipped kitchen for those who like to cook and enjoy local produce..
- Treat yourself to some seafood from Walrus Fisheries or S&P Fish both based in the harbour.
- Visit one of Ilfracombe’s local butchers. Mike Turton Butcher on the High Street at the top of Fore Street (a two minute walk) is a traditional butcher who has been working from these premises since 1969 and sells local meat, game and delicatessen items
- Normans grocers on the High Street sells fresh fruit and veg, herbs and flowers.
- Get some bread, cakes and other goodies from the Pantry bakery on the High Street (baked on the premises)
- Lidl is within walking distance and Tesco is a five minute drive.
The Salt House has books, DVDs and board games for wet and windy days.